This Lemon Ginger Chicken Salad recipe is a twist on the typical classic chicken salad recipe and is always a favorite for a quick lunch! Just a few ingredients can be transformed into a cold, creamy salad or filling for a homemade chicken salad sandwich or wrap!
Keep this easy recipe on hand for last-minute sandwich prep when last-minute invitations come up! Serve on Hawaiian rolls with a side of kid-friendly pasta salad or crunchy grilled corn on the cob!
What is in Lemon Ginger Chicken Salad?
There are several ingredients that look familiar to a typical chicken salad but adding the lemon zest and ginger just gives some additional dimensions of flavor that makes it so good!
- Greek yogurt
- Lemon zest
- Lemon juice or juice from 1 lemon
- Ground ginger
- Cooked chicken
- Seedless green grapes sliced in halves or quartered
- Slivered almonds toasted, optional
Lemon Ginger Chicken Salad
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice or juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup seedless green grapes sliced in halves or quartered
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- slivered almonds toasted, optional
- In mixing bowl, mix mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, ginger and salt, stirring well.
- Add chicken, grapes and celery. Toss salad to coat well. Cover and chill at least one hour before serving. Serve with crackers and celery sticks or on toast or as a sandwich.