Incorporating protein in meals and snacks can be difficult, especially if trying to follow a plant-based or vegetarian meal pattern. So, we have compiled a list of 9 high-protein snacks that can be easily prepared ahead of time.
WHY IS PROTEIN IMPORTANT?
Adding protein to meals and snacks is an essential nutrient that plays a crucial role in building and repairing tissues in the body. It is especially important for individuals who are looking to lose weight, athletes, and people who engage in regular physical activity as it helps to repair and build muscle tissue. However, finding high-protein snacks can be challenging, especially if you're on the go. To help you out, we've compiled a list of the 9 highest protein snacks that can be easily prepared ahead of time.
HIGH-PROTEIN VEGETARIAN SNACKS
- Hard-boiled eggs: Hard-boiled eggs are an excellent source of protein, with one egg containing around 6 grams of protein. They're also low in calories and can be easily prepared ahead of time for a quick and convenient snack.
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt is a high-protein snack that is also rich in calcium and probiotics. One serving of Greek yogurt can provide up to 20 grams of protein, making it an excellent option for anyone looking to boost your protein intake.
- Nuts and seeds: Nuts and seeds are not only high in protein but also packed with healthy fats and fiber. Almonds, for example, contain around 6 grams of protein per serving, while chia seeds provide around 4 grams of protein per tablespoon.
- Cottage cheese: Cottage cheese is a low-fat, high-protein snack that is also a good source of calcium. One cup of cottage cheese contains around 28 grams of protein, making it an excellent option for anyone looking to build muscle mass.
MORE HIGH-PROTEIN VEGETARIAN SNACKS
- Protein bars: Protein bars are a convenient and tasty way to boost your protein intake on the go. They come in a variety of flavors and can provide up to 20 grams of protein per serving.
- Roasted chickpeas: Roasted chickpeas are a crunchy and satisfying snack that is also high in protein. One cup of roasted chickpeas provides around 12 grams of protein, making them an excellent option for anyone looking to snack without sacrificing protein intake.
- Peanut butter: Peanut butter is a delicious and versatile snack that is high in protein and healthy fats. Two tablespoons of peanut butter contain around 8 grams of protein, making it an excellent option for anyone looking for a quick and easy snack.
- Edamame: Edamame is a great snack option that is also high in protein. One cup of edamame provides around 17 grams of protein and is also a good source of fiber and other essential nutrients.
- Chia Seed Pudding: Chia pudding is high in protein (5 g), full of omega-3s, and packed with fiber (11 g), and it is so easy to make!
In conclusion, incorporating high-protein snacks into your diet is a great way to maintain a healthy lifestyle and build muscle mass. These 9 snacks are all excellent options that are convenient, tasty, and provide a significant amount of protein per serving. So the next time you're looking for a snack, reach for one of these high-protein options!
If you are looking for support, answers to your questions, and would like access to a registered dietitian, join our private Facebook group at Wegovy / Ozempic Meal Plans and Recipes and join over 1200 others by Liking and Following the Berries and Oats Facebook Page for delicious recipes that your entire family will love.