If you are interested in cooking with kids, but you don't know exactly where to start, try these ten easy things that your children can do to help in the kitchen.
10 Ways Children Can Help in the Kitchen
- Cut soft foods with a plastic knife.
- Roll out and knead pizza or bread dough.
- Juice lemons and limes.
- Crack an egg.
- Measure and level dry ingredients with a straight edge.
- Spread nut butter and jam.
- Set the timer.
- Whisk a vinaigrette.
- Peel a cooled hard-boiled egg.
- Set the table.
- Rinse dishes that aren’t too heavy.
- Spray the countertop with water and vinegar, then wipe it clean.
- Add spoons to the dishwasher.
- Fill the dishwasher soap compartment, and press the “Start” button.
- When you and your child are ready, check out more great ideas in this Kids Can Cook! post.
Leave a Reply