This protein and fiber-rich Cashew Curry Chicken Salad recipe is perfect for meal preppers for an easy weekday lunch.Jump to Recipe
These ingredients are used to make a delicious and crunchy Cashew Curry Chicken Salad
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Curry powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Cashews, optional
See recipe card below for quantities.
Make the dressing: In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt, curry powder, honey, lime juice, and salt.
Make the salad: To the dressing, add the cooked chicken, celery, grapes, and scallions. Toss well to combine, adjust seasoning as needed, adding the cayenne pepper, if desired.
Chill Salad and Serve: After mixing all the ingredients together, chill the salad in a covered container for at least 1 hour or until ready to serve. Finally, for more crunch, top with cashews, if desired, just before serving.
- Mayonnaise – instead of mayo, you can adjust the Greek yogurt up to 1 c
- Cashews – Add cashews for a lovely crunch. Additionally, you can substitute with almonds or another mild nut, or omit them if preferred
- Spicy - add more cayenne pepper for a bit more kick
- Kid-friendly – this dish is absolutely kid-friendly. Cut the vegetables and grapes (if age appropriate) into smaller pieces for kids
No special equipment is needed
Refrigerator: Leftovers can be stored in a covered container for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
Freezer: This dish does not freeze well
Can curry chicken salad be used with rotisserie chicken? Yes! Rotisserie chicken works great for this recipe.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking points to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
Curried Chicken Salad
- ½ cup mayonnaise I use Hellmann's
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- juice of 1 fresh lime
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4½ cups cooked shredded chicken I usually use rotisserie chicken
- 3 large ribs celery diced
- 1 cup seedless grapes halved
- 3 scallions light and dark green parts, finely sliced
- Pinch cayenne pepper optional, for heat
- ⅔ cup salted cashews optional
Make the Dressing
- Make the dressing: In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt, curry powder, honey, lime juice, and salt.
- To the dressing, add the chicken, celery, grapes and scallions. Toss well to combine, adjust seasoning as needed, adding the cayenne pepper, if desired. Chill the salad in a covered container until ready to serve. Add cashews, if desired, just before serving.