This beef barley soup recipe is incredibly easy and so delicious! Loaded with lovely veggies, tender beef and plump barley, it’s a complete meal in a bowl! This homemade beef barley soup can be made ahead of time and freezes well making it the perfect family dinner!
Beef Barley Soup
This beef barley soup is loaded with lovely veggies, tender beef and plump barley. It’s a complete meal in a bowl!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1 rib celery sliced
- 2 cups cooked beef I like to use taco meat
- 6 cups reduced sodium beef broth
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes 14-15 oz undrained
- ½ green pepper diced
- ⅔ cup barley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 package beef gravy mix
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons red wine optional
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook onions and garlic in oil over medium heat until softened.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered about 40-50 minutes or until barley is cooked.
- Remove bay leaf and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply