This frosty fruit smoothie recipe is a lovely blend of fruit juice, fresh blackberries, raspberries and mango. An easy nutrient packed and delicious drink that’s perfect for a quick breakfast on a school day.Jump to Recipe
I don’t know about you, but we are in full back to school swing! I whipped up some of these frozen fruit smoothies for my kiddos as a quick breakfast. They can also be a quick and easy snack, and full of icy cold fruit to help keep you cool.
We make frozen fruit smoothies at least once a week – they’re delicious, healthy and the perfect way to use up all those odds and ends of fruit on my counter or in my freezer!
HOW DO YOU MAKE A FROSTY FRUIT SMOOTHIE?
I typically use a blender to make smoothies but it’s not necessary; any blending machine...even a handheld or immersion blender will work. Toss your blend of frozen fruit, juice, and Greek yogurt into the blender and mix until smooth. I chose to use blackberries, raspberries, mango, and frozen peaches for a tart, yet sweet, blend of fruits.
There are a lot of great juices out there that would work well in your fruit smoothie. I typically use pineapple-mango juice because it’s a little thicker consistency and my family LOVES mango, but here are some more great juice options:
- Apple juice
- White grape juice
- Orange juice
- Pineapple juice
- Cranberry juice
- Apple-cranberry juice
You can also use milk, almond milk or coconut milk instead of juice for your smoothie.
I typically use whatever odds and ends of fruit I happen to have in my freezer. This frozen fruit smoothie recipe is great as is or you can add, mix or match whatever you would like here. The most important thing is to use the same ratio of ingredients or the same quantity of the fruits listed in the recipe. Some other great fruit options to use are:
Frosty Fruit Smoothie
- 1 ½ cups pineapple mango juice
- 2 cups assorted frozen fruit I usually use some combination of raspberries, blackberries and mango
- ¾ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- Place juice, yogurt and fruit in blender.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour into 2 glasses. Garnish with additional fruit or mint if desired.
- Liquid (milk of choice, water, juice, coconut water, etc.)
- Leafy greens (spinach, kale, etc.)
- Fruit (fresh, frozen, or canned) and vegetables (strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, etc.)
- Boosters (protein powder, chia seeds, nuts, cinnamon, etc.)
- Ice (you can skip this if you’re using frozen fruit)
Did you make this recipe? Then I would love to hear how it turned out. Please leave a comment and star rating below. And I really appreciate you sharing this recipe with your family and friends. Be well and bon appetit 😊🍓 – Stacey
Leave a Reply