Cantaloupe and Fresh Mint Salad
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 ½ cups cantaloupe
- 3 ½ cups watermelon optional
- ½ cup mint leaves finely chopped
- juice from 1-2 medium lemons
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Over medium heat, in a saucepan, bring water to a low simmer and stir in sugar. Simmer until all sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool. Only ¼ c of this syrup will be used for this recipe.
- Cube cantaloupe into about 1-1 ½ inch pieces.
- Once the sugar mixture has cooled, in a large bowl, combine ¼ cup of the sugar mixture, mint, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Add melon pieces to sugar mixture and combine well.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until needed.
Tried this recipe?Rate it and please leave a comment below. If you loved it, share a photo on Instagram. Tag @berriesandoats1 and hashtag it #berriesandoats