This easy White Bean and Rosemary Soup recipe includes eight simple ingredients, but has layers and layers of flavor. Perfect for a Fall day!
You know I like to keep things simple, but if you happen to have these ingredients on hand and need to use them up, feel free to toss them into your White Bean and Rosemary Soup:
- Diced carrots, onion, or celery sautéed with the garlic
- Bacon cooked until brown, (remove bacon and add back to the soup after cooking)
- Zucchini or squash added when adding the beans
- Kale or spinach stirred into the soup at the end
White Bean and Rosemary Soup
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 15 oz. cans cannellini beans
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Before you begin, pour one of the cans of cannellini beans (with its liquid) into a blender and purée until smooth. Drain the other two cans of beans.
- In a large stock pot, add oil and heat over medium heat. Sauté the minced garlic over medium for about one minute, or just until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the puréed cannellini beans, the other two cans of drained beans, broth, rosemary, thyme, crushed red pepper, and some freshly cracked pepper. Stir well.
- Place a lid on the pot, turn the heat up to medium-high, and bring the soup to a boil. Once boiling, turn the heat down to medium low, remove the lid, and allow it to simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Smash the beans slightly to thicken the soup. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if needed. Enjoy!