Authentic steak tacos
Steak Tacos with Cilantro and Onion
Easy, quick, authentic carne asada tacos you can make at home! Top with onion, cilantro + fresh lime juice!
- large skillet
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil divided
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 ½ pounds skirt steak cut into ½-inch pieces
- 12 corn tortillas warmed
- ¾ cup diced white onion
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 1 avocado (optional) sliced
- In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, lime juice, 1 tablespoon canola oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin and oregano.
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine soy sauce mixture and steak; marinate for at least 1 hour up to 4 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon canola oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add steak and marinade, and cook, stirring often, until steak has browned and marinade has reduced, about 5-6 minutes, or until desired doneness.
- Serve steak in tortillas, topped with onion, cilantro and lime.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply