This Southwestern Salad is an easy, delicious and filling recipe. This recipe is inspired by the Farmer’s Fridge salads that I love to get when I am in the office.
You can adjust the amount of olive oil for a thinner dressing. I didn’t want mine too thick so that’s what the recipe here reflects. Either way, this goes so perfectly in this Tex-Mex style salad loaded with corn, beans, tomatoes, avocado and tortilla strips. It’s quickly become a favorite of ours, and we’ve had it almost every day this week!
Southwestern Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
- 1 avocado halved
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 head romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 cup chicken rotisserie, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 15 oz black beans drained and rinsed
- ½ cup red onion pickled and chopped
- 15 oz corn drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup scallion
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- Add all dressing ingredients to a blender, blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl add lettuce, chicken, cilantro, beans, onion, corn, green onion, and tomatoes.
- Top with prepared dressing; toss to coat.