This slow-cooker pot roast is savory and flavorful. Just set it and forget it. A little prep in the morning and come home after a long day with dinner ready!
Slow Cooker Pot Roast and Potatoes
Set it and forget it. This pot roast recipe is easy to prep and a great option for weeknights.
- Slow Cooker
- 3 cups potatoes
- 1 cup onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2-½ pounds beef brisket fat trimmed
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce no salt added
- 1 teaspoon dehydrated beef bouillon powder or granules
- 12 ounces light beer
- Peel, dice and boil potatoes
- Chop onion and garlic.
- Place beef brisket in slow cooker. Combine all other ingredients except potatoes, and pour over brisket.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, or cook on high for 4 to 5 hours until meat is tender enough to pull apart with a fork.
- Drain potatoes and add to slow cooker. Turn heat to high and cook covered an additional 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply