This slow-cooker pot roast is savory and flavorful. Just set it and forget it. A little prep in the morning and come home after a long day with dinner ready!
Slow Cooker Pot Roast and Potatoes
Set it and forget it. This pot roast recipe is easy to prep and a great option for weeknights.
Servings 4 servings
- Slow Cooker
- 3 cups potatoes
- 1 cup onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2-1/2 pounds beef brisket fat trimmed
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce no salt added
- 1 teaspoon dehydrated beef bouillon powder or granules
- 12 ounces light beer
- Peel, dice and boil potatoes
- Chop onion and garlic.
- Place beef brisket in slow cooker. Combine all other ingredients except potatoes, and pour over brisket.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, or cook on high for 4 to 5 hours until meat is tender enough to pull apart with a fork.
- Drain potatoes and add to slow cooker. Turn heat to high and cook covered an additional 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Tried this recipe?Rate it and please leave a comment below. If you loved it, share a photo on Instagram. Tag @berriesandoats1 and hashtag it #berriesandoats