Wok-Sautéed Spinach with Minced Chicken
This recipe features chicken, onions, carrots and spinach in a lovely light sauce
- 1 large egg white
- ¼ c tamari or soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken
- 2 c chicken stock
- 2 tsp canola or peanut oil
- ⅓ c carrot minced
- ⅓ c onion minced
- ⅓ c water chestnuts sliced
- 3 c spinach
Marinate the chicken
- Mix egg, tamari, lime, and garlic well and coat the chicken evenly. Marinate, refrigerated, for 1 hour.
Cook the chicken
- When you are ready to cook, heat 1 teaspoon of the canola oil in a wok or sauté pan over high heat. Sauté the minced chicken for 4 to 6 minutes, stirring constantly until the chicken is cooked through and appears opaque. Remove the chicken from the pan. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil to the pan, and sauté the carrot, onion, and water chestnuts for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add the chicken stock, tamari, chili paste, lime juice, and spinach leaves. Cook until the spinach has wilted slightly, stirring often.
- Return the cooked chicken to the pan, and mix well. Garnish with the scallions.
Leftover chicken filling can be served over a salad or stuffed into a pita bread. If you happen to have pizza dough or puff pastry in your freezer, minced chicken is an excellent filling.
Tried this recipe?Rate it and please leave a comment below. If you loved it, share a photo on Instagram. Tag @berriesandoats1 and hashtag it #berriesandoats