Thai Cucumber Salad
This Thai cucumber salad recipe will make you think of your favorite Thai place, but it only takes minutes to make! Thinly sliced cucumbers are tossed in a sweet and savory dressing along with red onions, red pepper, peanuts and herbs for the perfect side dish.
- 1 lb cucumbers peeled and thinly sliced I use small persian or English cucumbers
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts omit or substitute with breadcrumbs if desired
- After peeling and slicing the cucumbers, place them in a colander and sprinkle with salt.
- Toss to coat the cucumber slices in salt. Let sit 10 minutes.
- Use a paper towel to blot the cucumber slices dry.
- While letting the cucumbers sit, in a small bowl, add rice vinegar and sugar. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Place the cucumbers, red pepper and red onion in a large bowl, then pour the rice vinegar mixture over the top.
- Add the cilantro to the cucumber mixture and stir until combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes, or up to 24 hours.
- For a little crunch, sprinkle peanuts or breadcrumbs over the top, then serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!