This is one of my all-time favorite go-to's for busy weeknights. It’s something everyone in my family loves and when I serve it with brown rice and steamed broccoli it’s something I feel great about feeding them.
- 1 1/4 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- *2 Tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 2 tsp peeled and minced fresh garlic 2 cloves
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Sesame seeds and chopped green onions for serving (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown chicken (should take about 4-5 minutes on each side) until cooked through and at 165 deg F
- While chicken is cooking, in a small bowl (or liquid measuring cup) whisk together soy sauce, water, honey, brown sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and cornstarch.
- Add the slurry / sauce to the pan and toss until sauce is warm throughout and has thickened, about 30 - 60 seconds longer.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds if desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!