Roasted Autumn Vegetable with Couscous Salad
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 2 zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 pinches salt and pepper
- 2 cups couscous
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/4 bunch parsley
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Wash and chop tomatoes, zucchini or squash, bell pepper, and red onion into 1 to 1.5-inch pieces. Peel four cloves of garlic leaving them whole
- Toss prepared vegetables with 2 Tbsp of olive oil and garlic
- Spread vegetables in a single layer on a parchment-paper lined baking sheet
- Season vegetables with salt and freshly ground pepper
- Roast vegetables at 400ºF for 45 minutes, flipping once or twice while cooking
- While the vegetables are roasting, prepare the couscous according to package directions. Replace water with vegetable or chicken broth, and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, add the couscous, turn off the heat, and cover the pot with the lid once again. Let the couscous sit, undisturbed, for ten minutes. Then, fluff with a fork.
- After the vegetables are finished roasting, collect the four garlic cloves, and chop them well. Roughly chop the fresh parsley.
- Combine the couscous, roasted vegetables (including garlic), and parsley in a bowl, and stir to combine. Season with more salt and pepper if desired. Serve warm or cold!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!