Ragin' Cajun Chicken
This is a nice and easy blackened chicken recipe that only takes about half an hour in total to prepare. This is an excellent recipe for those just getting started with cooking traditional Cajun cuisine.
- 8 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 4 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 2 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all the blackening ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add the chicken to the blackening spices and ensure that each breast is coated throughout.
- Once coated, heat a frying pan on maximum heat. Allow the pan to heat up completely. Add in the vegetable oil and fry the chicken breasts on both sides. Ideally, the chicken will sear very quickly and the herbs and spices will become aromatic instantly.
- Take your time, frying 1 or 2 pieces at once. Once seared on both sides, place the cooked chicken breasts on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for roughly 8-12 minutes depending on the thickness. Once finished, remove from oven, lightly butter, and serve with rice and garden salad.
Tried this recipe?Rate it and please leave a comment below. If you loved it, share a photo on Instagram. Tag @berriesandoats1 and hashtag it #berriesandoats