This tasty Persian salad recipe has many of the traditional bright and fresh flavors of Mediterranean cuisine. It's a perfect sidekick for grilled chicken and a good way to make use of summer's garden bounty.
- 1 Salad Bowl
- 3 Roma tomatoes small diced
- 1 English cucumber or 4 small Persian cucumbers, small diced
- ¼ to ½ cup finely chopped onions red or yellow onions will work here
- ½ green bell pepper optional, chopped into small pieces
- 2 to 3 tablespoon EACH chopped fresh parsley cilantro, and dill
- 1 tbsp dried mint or ½ cup chopped fresh mint
- Salt and pepper
- Sumac to taste (optional)
- Juice of 2 large limes 4 tbsp
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Place diced tomatoes for a few minutes in a colander to release excess liquid.
- In a large bowl, place the diced tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, and bell peppers.
- To flavor, add fresh herbs, dried mint, and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Add sumac (I started with 1 tsp). Finally, add lime juice, and a generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Toss to combine.
- If you have the time, cover and chill this salad in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour for best taste.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!