Mediterranean Yellow Rice
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 c long-grain or Jasmine white rice
- 3 c chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: Pine nuts and fresh cilantro
- Heat butter over medium heat until just bubbling Sauté onions and garlic in butter for about 2 minutes.
- Add cumin and turmeric and stir to incorporate. Mix in the rice until the grains are evenly coated.
- Add stock, salt, and pepper over the mixture and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, cover, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside for at least 5 minutes before fluffing the rice with a fork.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!