Mediterranean Lunch Bowls
Mediterranean lunch bowls that are ready in 20 minutes!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1-2 cups chicken or vegetable broth varies based on cooking method
- 1 15.5 ounce cans Great Northern beans (or other white beans), drained and rinsed (2 cups)
- 12 ea kalamata olives
- 8 ounces hummus store bought or homemade
- 4 ounces arugula
- 1 pint cherry tomotoes
- 1 medium cucumber partially peeled and diced
- ½ medium to large red onion diced
- 1 lemon quartered
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil divided
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Prepare quinoa per package instructions with chicken or vegetable broth. Let quinoa cool before adding it to bowls.
- Assemble ingredients evenly into four 4 cup containers. Per bowl add: 1/2 cup cooked quinoa, 1/2 cup beans, 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes, handful of arugula, 2 tablespoons red onion, 1/2 cup diced cucumber, 1/4 cup hummus, one slice of lemon, drizzle 1 tsp olive oil on top, and add freshly ground pepper.
- Cover and store in fridge for up to 5 days.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!