Homemade Fettuccine Alfredo
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 large egg yolks lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch each pepper and ground nutmeg
- Minced fresh parsley optional
- Prepare fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Stir in the cream, 1/4 cup cheese, Romano cheese, egg yolk, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook and stir over medium-low heat.
- Drain fettuccine; combine with Alfredo sauce and remaining Parmesan cheese. If desired, add your favorite protein like chicken or shrimp, and sprinkle with parsley.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!