Creamy Pasta Shells With Peas
- 1 pound small pasta shells or elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 5 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- One 10-ounce package frozen peas
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced country ham or prosciutto coarsely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta shells until al dente. Drain the shells, return them to the pot and toss with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the garlic and cook over moderate heat until golden, about 4 minutes. Add the peas and ham and cook until the peas are hot and the ham is lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the cream and stock and simmer over moderate heat until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir the cream sauce into the shells. Add the Parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Serve in bowls.
Tried this recipe?Rate it and please leave a comment below. If you loved it, share a photo on Instagram. Tag @berriesandoats1 and hashtag it #berriesandoats