These Cinnamon Apples taste like warm apple pie, but they come together in 15 minutes on the stove! This cinnamon apples recipe makes a perfect oatmeal addition, snack, or light dessert.
- 3 apples about 3 cups, chopped
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp salted butter or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Dice your favorite apples into same-sized pieces (about ½-1” cubes)
- Put apples in a large pan with 2 tbsp water. Cover the pan and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the apples become slightly soft and water is absorbed
- Add 1 tbsp of butter to the skillet. Stir apples and melted butter together until all the apples are coated. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring every minute or so, until the apples become soft
- Add Maple syrup, cinnamon, salt and vanilla. Stir until well mixed
- Cook for about 5 more minutes, stirring every minute until the apples reach your desired softness!
- Remove from heat and serve! Can be served warm or room temperature
Tried this recipe?Rate it and please leave a comment below. If you loved it, share a photo on Instagram. Tag @berriesandoats1 and hashtag it #berriesandoats