Cheesy Egg Bacon and Sausage Strata
Sausage provides plenty of flavor in this hearty egg strata. It's a great addition to a brunch buffet, because it's assembled the night before to cut down on last-minute fuss.
Servings 12 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 9 large eggs lightly beaten
- 3 cups whole milk
- 9 slices day-old brioche bread cubed
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon cooked and chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the eggs, milk, bread, cheese, bacon and mustard. Transfer to a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with freshly squeezed orange juice.
Tried this recipe?Rate it and please leave a comment below. If you loved it, share a photo on Instagram. Tag @berriesandoats1 and hashtag it #berriesandoats