Caprese Salad with Pesto Pasta
The freshness of your ingredients — cherry tomatoes, mozzarella balls and basil — makes this simple salad divinely delicious.
- immersion blender or food processor
- 1 lb rotini pasta cooked
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella pearls drained
- 1/2 bunch fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Basic Basil Pesto
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil more for a smoother pesto
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese optional
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lemon juice and wine.
- Slowly whisk in oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cherry tomatoes and cheese and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Prepare pasta al dente according to package directions.
- Using an immersion blender or In a food processor, combine the pine nuts, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and pulse until well chopped.
- Add the basil and pulse until combined.
- With the food processor running, drizzle in the olive oil and pulse until combined. Add the parmesan cheese, if using, and pulse to briefly combine. For a smoother pesto, add more olive oil.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!