Blueberry and Cucumber Salad
- ⅔ cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar or honey
- 8 cups spring greens, arugula or your greens of choice
- salt and pepper
- 4 baby seedless cucumbers thinly sliced
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- ¼ cup feta cheese
CREAMY BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- pinch of salt and pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place the almonds in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Stir in the sugar or honey and cook, stirring often, until the sugar melts and coats the almonds - about 4-6 minutes. Be careful to watch closely and not allow them to burn. Transfer the almonds to a large piece of parchment paper to allow them cool. Break apart if needed.
- While almonds are cooling, prepare the dressing.Whisk together the vinegar, garlic, cream, mustard, honey and a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour in the olive oil while whisking until completely mixed together or emulsified. This dressing keeps well in the fridge for up to one week. Just shake or whisk it to combine before serving. I like to use a blender bottle to shake and keep in the fridge when needed.
- In a large bowl, toss the greens with the blueberries, cucumbers, green onions and feta cheese along with a generous pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Dress salad with the dressing and toss well. Add the candied almonds on top and serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!