Black Bean Taco Salad
- 1 c romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn canned or steamed from fresh/frozen
- 1/4 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion green part only
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup tortilla chips
Dressing or Dipping Sauce
- 1 large avocado seeded and skin removed
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon parsley or 1 tsp fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon dill or 1 tsp fresh dill
- ½ teaspoon chives or 1 tsp fresh chives
- ½ teaspoon onion powder or 1 tsp raw onion
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup milk
Prepare the salad
- Chop all veggies up super small so its easier for your kiddo to eat. Finely chop romaine (if using) bell pepper and cherry tomatoes, and thinly slice green onion. Combine with black beans, corn, and grated cheese. (Add seasoned ground beef here if using) Toss gently to combine.
Prepare the dressing
- In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients EXCEPT milk.
- Blend until well-combined.
- Continue blending and add milk in small amounts until desired thickness is reached.
- Refrigerate avocado dressing in an airtight container up to 5 days.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!