Best Hummus Recipe
Try this hummus recipe once, and you'll never go back to buying it at the store! Served with fresh veggies and pita, it's a delicious appetizer, snack or include in your kiddo's school lunch.
- 1½ cups cooked chickpeas - slightly overcooked drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup smooth tahini (I prefer Trader Joe's organic tahini or Soom)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice more to taste
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 5 tablespoons water or as needed to blend
- paprika red pepper flakes, or parsley, for garnish
- In a blender or food processor, place the chickpeas, tahini olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and salt. Continue to blend until smooth, adding water as needed to blend, and/or to reach your desired consistency.
- Transfer to a serving plate, top with a bit more olive oil and desired garnishes. Serve with toasted pita bread and your favorite veggies, as desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!