Arugula Red Onion Salad
- 5 oz arugula leaves
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 c cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup pitted kalamata olives
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup shaved parmesan cheese
- Pickle the onions: Combine the white vinegar, sugar, and 1 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan with 1/2 cup water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat and then add the onions. Return the liquid to a simmer, then take off the heat and let stand 15 minutes; drain.
- Place arugula, a few of the pickled onions, tomatoes, and olives in a large serving bowl.
- Mix the oil and vinegar and drizzle them over the vegetables.
- Add kosher salt and black pepper.
- Top the salad with shaved parmesan cheese.
- Mix well just before serving and serve on individual plates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!