Apple Pie Layer
Everyone has to make this Delicious Apple Pie Overnight Oats Recipe this Fall. You will love the classic apple pie flavors in your morning breakfast.
- 4 cups apples peeled diced, approximately 3-4 apples
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- pinch salt
- 3/4 cup water divided
- Peel, core, and dice the apples.
- Add apples to a pan with the cinnamon, sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
- Make a cornstarch slurry with 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 1/4 c water.
- Add slurry to mixture.
- Stir to coat the apples with the spices, and then add remaining water.
- Cook the apple mixture for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- The apples should be tender, but not mushy. The sauce should thicken, similar to apple pie filling.
- After approx 10 minutes, remove from heat and set aside to cool.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!