This five-minute Lemon Pepper Tuna Salad recipe is perfect for meal preppers for an easy weekday lunch.
Below are the ingredients to make the delicious lemon pepper tuna salad:
- Solid white albacore tuna in water well drained (I like Bumble Bee Wild Caught or Kirkland)
- Greek yogurt
- Red onion
- Fresh lemon
- Lemon pepper seasoning
See recipe card below for quantities.
Measure and mix prepared ingredients together.
- Mayonnaise – instead of mayo, you can adjust the Greek yogurt
- Add more crunch – get creative! You can add fresh veggies like red pepper or celery to the tuna salad to add some color, sweetness, and crunch
- Kid-friendly – this dish is absolutely kid-friendly. Cut the vegetables into smaller pieces for kids.
Special equipment is not needed for this recipe
Refrigerator: Leftovers can be stored in a covered container for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
Freezer: This dish freezes great and can be kept in the freezer for 1-2 months
Why put lemon juice in tuna salad? The reason that you put lemon juice in tuna salad is to add fresh bright notes, and the acidity from lemons helps break down some of the healthy fats leaving a lovely creamy texture.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don’t leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
Lemon Pepper Tuna Salad
- 12 ounces solid white albacore in water well drained (Bumble Bee Wild Caught or Kirkland)
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- ¼ c Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 8 slices sandwich bread (sourdough, oat bread or multigrain)
- Optional toppings: sliced tomato lettuce, pickles