Baked thin chicken breast may sound boring, but try this recipe and it will be your family's ABSOLUTE FAVORITE chicken recipe. Prepare this chicken for any weeknight dinner and you can have leftovers the following day.
Ingredients in Baked Chicken
To make this baked chicken breasts recipe, you will need:
- Chicken breasts: I prefer bone-in and skin-on chicken breasts
- Olive oil: Use your favorite brand! It doesn't need to be too fancy. Grocery store brands work well for this recipe.
- Kosher Salt: An essential ingredient in the brine, and we will also use kosher salt to season the chicken before baking.
- Seasonings: I prefer smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Feel free to experiment and try your favorite herbs and spices.
For food safety reasons, I recommend using a meat thermometer. This will help make sure your protein is cooked through.
How Long to Bake Thin Chicken Breast?
Baked thin chicken breasts should take anywhere from 15-20 minutes in the oven at 425-450 degrees. It depends on the thickness. To be sure that your chicken is cooked through, it is best to use a meat thermometer and cook chicken to 165 degrees.
What are good side dishes with Baked Chicken breasts?
What recipes use Baked Chicken breasts?
- Lemon Ginger Chicken Salad
- Curried Chicken Salad
- Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- Chicken Enchiladas
- Chicken Avocado BLT Wrap
Baked Thin Chicken Breasts
- 4 chicken breasts bone-in, skin-on
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Brine the chicken. (DO NOT SKIP THIS PART) Fill a large bowl with 1 quart of warm water and ¼ cup kosher salt. Stir to combine until most of the salt is dissolved. Add the chicken breasts and let them sit in the mixture to brine for 15 minutes. Remove the chicken breasts from the brine, rinse them with cold water, then pat them dry.
- Season the chicken. Place the chicken breasts in a single layer in a large baking dish. Brush both sides (turning once) evenly with olive oil. In a separate small bowl, whisk salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika until combined. Sprinkle the seasoning mixture evenly over the chicken on both sides.
- Bake. Bake for 17-20* minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the chicken breasts, pierce the thickest part of the breast with a thermometer. Chicken should be cooked to 165°F.
Leave a Reply