This homemade pizza recipe is the busy family version of making pizza at home. Using convenience products from Trader Joe’s makes this recipe super easy, quick and fun! Feel free to choose your favorite toppings and enjoy making memories with your kiddos!
Homemade Pizza (busy family friendly)
- Cutting board
- Cheese grater
- Prep bowls for toppings
- Rolling Pin
- Pizza stone or large rimmed baking sheet(s)
- Pizza Cutter
- 1 14- to 16-ounce ball pizza dough (Trader Joes has great pizza dough)
- 1½ cups of your favorite pizza sauce I like TJs sauce too
- 6 ounces mozzarella Jack, Colby, or cheddar cheese, grated
- Toppings of your choice fresh basil, tomatoes, sliced bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, olives, roasted red peppers (patted dry); blanched broccoli or cauliflower florets; chopped artichokes, cooked bacon, cooked chicken; cooked and crumbled sausage; sliced pepperoni; sun-dried tomatoes; etc.
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 475°F or as directed on pizza dough label. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or grease them with a little olive oil or use a pizza stone and dust with cornmeal
- While the oven is preheating, prep the toppings. Create a working station for each pizza maker by placing prepared toppings in separate bowls on a counter or table that will be within reach of your kiddos.
- Cut the ball of dough into 4. Give one piece of dough to each pizza maker and let them roll, stretch, or press it out to a 6- to 8-inch circle. Don't worry about the kiddos overworking the dough, their little hands are unlikely to do so.
- Place two rounds of dough on each baking sheet and let each person top their pizzas however they like!
- Place baking sheets in the oven. Bake the pizzas for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the pizzas from the oven. Drizzle the pizzas with a little olive oil and season with a pinch of salt and a grind or two of black pepper if desired.
- Let them cool for a few minutes before slicing.