Have a taste for Italian? Make this restaurant-quality fettuccine alfredo recipe at home.
Homemade Fettuccine Alfredo
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese divided
- ½ cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 large egg yolks lightly beaten
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pinch each pepper and ground nutmeg
- Minced fresh parsley optional
- Prepare fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Stir in the cream, ¼ cup cheese, Romano cheese, egg yolk, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook and stir over medium-low heat.
- Drain fettuccine; combine with Alfredo sauce and remaining Parmesan cheese. If desired, add your favorite protein like chicken or shrimp, and sprinkle with parsley.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply