Curried Chicken Salad
This curried chicken salad is savory, sweet, and a little spicy, with lots of crunch from grapes, cashews, and celery.
- ½ cup mayonnaise I use Hellmann’s
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- juice of 1 fresh lime
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4½ cups cooked shredded chicken I usually use rotisserie chicken
- 3 large ribs celery diced
- 1 cup seedless grapes halved
- 3 scallions light and dark green parts, finely sliced
- Pinch cayenne pepper optional, for heat
- ⅔ cup salted cashews optional
Make the Dressing
- Make the dressing: In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt, curry powder, honey, lime juice, and salt.
- To the dressing, add the chicken, celery, grapes and scallions. Toss well to combine, adjust seasoning as needed, adding the cayenne pepper, if desired. Chill the salad in a covered container until ready to serve. Add cashews, if desired, just before serving.
Make-Ahead Instructions: This salad can be made and stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Wait to add the cashews until right before serving, otherwise they will get soft.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!