These Cinnamon Apples taste like warm apple pie, but they come together in 15 minutes on the stove! This cinnamon apples recipe makes a perfect oatmeal addition, snack, or light dessert.
- 3 apples about 3 cups, chopped
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon salted butter or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dice your favorite apples into same-sized pieces (about ½-1” cubes)
- Put apples in a large pan with 2 tablespoon water. Cover the pan and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the apples become slightly soft and water is absorbed
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the skillet. Stir apples and melted butter together until all the apples are coated. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring every minute or so, until the apples become soft
- Add Maple syrup, cinnamon, salt and vanilla. Stir until well mixed
- Cook for about 5 more minutes, stirring every minute until the apples reach your desired softness!
- Remove from heat and serve! Can be served warm or room temperature
did you make this recipe?Please rate and leave a comment! Or snap a pic and tag me on Instagram at @berriesandoats1 to let me know how it was!