Chinese Chicken Salad
This light and fresh salad is perfect for lunch or dinner. Your children will love to help trimming the snow peas or combining the ingredients.
Servings 4 servings
- 2 small chicken breasts skinless, boneless
- 2 c chicken broth low sodium
- 4 c mixed baby greens or shredded lettuce
- ½ ea English cucumber peeled, halved lengthwise, and sliced
- 1 c snow peas trimmed
- 1 c bean sprouts
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds toasted
- ⅓ c canned mandarin orange slices drained
- ¼ c fried rice noodles (optional)
- ½ c Asian dressing homemade or store-bought
- Cook the chicken. Put the chicken in a small saucepan or sauté pan in a single layer. Pour in just enough broth to cover the chicken. Cover the pan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the chicken is opaque throughout when cut inro with a knife, 10-15 minutes. Using tongs, transfer the chicken to a plate and let cool. Discard the broth. When cool enough to handle, shred the chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Combine the ingredients. In a salad bowl, combine the salad greens, cucumber, snow peas, and bean sprouts and toss gently with tongs until well mixed. Scatter the chicken evenly over the top, then sprinkle with the almonds and the orange slices.
- Toss with the dressing. Drizzle the dressing over the salad. Using the tongs or a large fork and spoon, gently toss the salad until evenly coated with the dressing. Divide the salad evenly among 4 salad plates. Sprinkle each serving with the rice noodles, then serve.
Tried this recipe?Rate it and please leave a comment below. If you loved it, share a photo on Instagram. Tag @berriesandoats1 and hashtag it #berriesandoats