High-protein breakfasts are an excellent way to start your day. They provide you with the energy and nutrients you need to power through your morning and can help you feel full and satisfied until your next meal. If you’re looking for some high-protein breakfast ideas, we’ve got you covered! Today, we’ll be featuring an egg strata recipe that is easy to make and packed with protein.
First, let’s talk about why it’s important to include protein in your breakfast. Protein is an essential nutrient that plays a critical role in building and repairing tissues in your body. It also helps keep you full and satisfied, which can prevent overeating and help you maintain a healthy weight. Studies have shown that people who eat a high-protein breakfast tend to consume fewer calories throughout the day compared to those who eat a high-carbohydrate breakfast.
Now, let’s move on to the recipe. Egg strata is a classic breakfast dish that is easy to make and can be customized to suit your taste preferences.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cheddar Cheese
- Ground Mustard
Cheesy Egg Bacon and Sausage Strata
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 9 large eggs lightly beaten
- 3 cups whole milk
- 9 slices day-old brioche bread cubed
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon cooked and chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the eggs, milk, bread, cheese, bacon and mustard. Transfer to a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with freshly squeezed orange juice.