Black Bean Quinoa and Sweet Potato Salad
Roasted sweet potatoes black bean and quinoa salad with lime dressing is delicious and FULL of satisfying protein and fiber.
- 3-4 small / medium sweet potatoes peeled, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 large red onion cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 2 teaspoons ground chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa from 1/2 cup dry
- Zest and juice of 2-3 limes
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 can black beans 15 ounces, rinsed and drained
- 1 large red pepper cored and diced
- 3/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the sweet potatoes and red onion in a bowl with 1 tablespoon olive oil, chili powder, smoked paprika, and salt. Toss to coat and spread in a single layer. Bake until the potatoes are just tender, about 25 minutes, turning halfway through. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- While the potatoes bake, cook the quinoa according to package directions. In a small bowl whisk together the remaining 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, lime juice and zest, maple syrup, and garlic (or shake the ingredients together in a mason jar with a tight-fitting lid).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, black beans, bell pepper, cilantro, and roasted sweet potatoes and onions. Pour the dressing over the top, then toss to combine. Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to five days. If making for a party, you can make and assemble up to 1 day in advance—the recipe tastes its best either day or day after it is made.
did you make this recipe?Please rate and leave a comment! Or snap a pic and tag me on Instagram at @berriesandoats1 to let me know how it was!